From Adversity to Opportunity
The Skyline Program invests in three key areas vital for equipping high ability students who are gifted and/or academically talented and who display a growth mindset, leadership potential, and resilience in the face of their social and economic challenges, to find pathways to further study and employment, becoming leaders for change.
Our endeavour aims to see students transition to tertiary education or career of choice and reach their full potential and become positive members of their communities.
Skyline's dedicated team creates a continuum of educational, emotional and practical support and resources by forming a strong school, companion teacher and parental support framework and partnership that wraps-around students whilst undertaking the Program.
Reimbursement of educational expenses incurred by students (school levies and fees, textbooks, uniforms, materials and academic requirements, travel and excursions) that would otherwise further impact families, already disadvantaged.
TRANSFORMATIVE LEARNING EXPERIENCES
Students attend unique Skyline and educator partner designed personal growth and development workshops, vocational seminars and a residential workshop, all of which are undertaken outside school hours and provided at no cost to students from within the funding allocation per student.
The Skyline residential and masterclass experiences combine the intimacy of pastoral care and career counselling, and equip students of high potential to survive, thrive and lead in an ever-changing educational and economic landscape.
The sessions are intended to inspire, encourage and empower students to:
- Develop quality skills, confidence and self-belief to manage and overcome financial and personal challenges
- Identify networking and scholarship opportunities that will optimise opportunities, with support provided to students in their application process
- Evaluate and discern education and career opportunities as pathways of choice and assist students to make informed decisions about future studies and career choices
- Connect with like-minded, aspirational young people
- Use introductions to tertiary institutions, professionals and role models as a means to visualise and experience a tertiary environment and help make the transition to tertiary education that much easier to comprehend
- Integrate into the broader alumni group, which will provide ongoing support. As students move through their secondary and tertiary education they form network of like minded peers who continue to support each other well into their university careers.
Want more information about the Program?
Fill in your details below and a Skyline representative will be in contact.