WHAT DOES DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION MEAN TO SKYLINE EDUCATION FOUNDATION AUSTRALIA?
At Skyline Education Foundation Australia, we are dedicated to equality, and value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to initiating and driving change to ensure Skyline is safe and welcoming environment for all.
To us diversity includes, but is not limited to, understanding, accepting, and valuing differences such as:
- Cultural, racial, ethnic and linguistic diversity
- Living with a disability – physical, behavioural, cognitive and mental
- Different religious or spiritual beliefs
- LGBTQIA+ diversity – gender and sexual diversity
- Generational, social and geographic diversity
Our focus includes commitment to initiatives such as:
- Development of a dedicated Diversity and Inclusion portfolio in the Skyline Alumni Leadership Team
- Consultation with our Alumni around shaping Skyline’s operational and strategic conversations and co-curating a diverse and inclusive future
- Creation of open, safe and non-judgemental spaces to encourage empowering and meaningful discussions of diversity and inclusion, towards creating enduring change and betterment for the Skyline community
- Building awareness, sensitivity and respect for diversity, inclusion and intersectional issues
- Reflection on and representation of Student and Alumni in Skyline’s leadership
- Working towards the goal of having more diverse and inclusive representation amongst Skyline’s leadership
- Including cultural and linguistic diversity and lived experience in hiring selection considerations
- Co-developing and designing guidelines regarding diversity and inclusion with Alumni, including but not limited to:
- Communications – the language we use, the stories we tell and how we share them
- Program – student selection criteria reflecting Skyline’s understanding of diversity and our learning experiences
- Regularly communicating to the wider Skyline community what actions we are taking to make Skyline a more inclusive organisation.
Katrina Reynen OAM
Chief Executive Officer
Lead Program Manager
Alumni Development Manager